Thursday, May 18, 2006

sour grapes

As a Spurs fan I can't say I'm too disappointed about last night's Champions League Final result (understatement of the year). I am less than impressed about Arsenal's lack of graciousness in defeat - accusing the referee of bias, accusing the Barcelona players of diving etc. The fact is Jens Lehmann was rightfully sent off - there can be no argument about that - and the better team on the night won. It was good to hear David Pleat on the commentary though - I particularly enjoyed the classic line: "the sight is in end" (where he was suggesting Arsenal were on course to victory just seconds before Samuel Eto went and equalised).

1 comment:

Simon said...

Just remember you said you admire arsenal, stop being so bitter and twisted..(and did you nick my picture of Thierry).