Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mobile blogging

So - I'm trying out the mobile blogging feature of the new Blogger Beta system from my BlackBerry. If you can read this it's working!

I'm sitting in the biography section of Blackwells bookshop in Oxford - by far and away the best bookshop in town. If you're wondering why I'm in the biography section it's cos it has some comfy armchairs and I needed somewhere to sit for a while in between meetings.

Anyway, I can't help but notice that some very unlikely people have biographies out. I mean, who in the world wants to read a biography of the following:

Damien Duff
Billie Piper (ok - Jim might want to read this!)
Kerry Katona
Chris Moyles
Neil Lennon
Gordon Ramsay

I mean - how many people are that interested in these people to want to read a whole hard backed book about them?!!

Seems like anyone can write a biography these days. Mind you I guess it's not a million miles away from the self publishing phenomena that is blogging.

______________________________
Matt Rees
home
- slowly learning to be with God and each other for the sake of the world

www.home-online.org


(m) 07811 149305
(e) matt@home-online.org
(blog) www.lostempireslivingtribes.blogspot.com

______________________________

No comments: